People don't always realize how much good Rotarians do.
Each year, leadership transitions and Club member commit themselves anew to Service Above Self and making real change in our world.
Here's a snapshot of what Milford Rotarians achieved during the 2014-15 year. Some focused on internal development, many had a focus on local and international needs.
We look forward to what's about to happen in the 2015-16 year to come! Contratulations Eric Tashlein for a job well done! Good luck Tina DeNapoles in your new year as President.
Milford Rotary Major Club Accomplishments
- Won the 2015 Boys and Girls Club Dodgeball Tournament Championship!!!
- Landed first ever local grant by Milford Rotary: $9000 to the Boys & Girls Club to improve lounge and study areas!
- Served over 600 hot meals this year at Beth El Shelter
- Sponsored Beth El Gala Dinner
- Helped move a single mom and her kids to their new apartment.
- Led the district in Foundation Giving!
- Received District Awards for outstanding community service and club member service
- Gave Dictionaries to 3rd graders in local schools
- Partially funded school improvements and expansion at Nambale School in Kenya
- Sponsored Milford Audubon Center Kids Summer Program
- Funded St Gabriel School Organic Garden to be tended by the kids
- Ran one of the most successful Norm Parsells Luncheons ever! And it ended early!
- Sponsored Foran High School Science Olympiad
- Sponsored Foran High School Leadership Program
- Purchased Interact Club “team” t shirts
- Sponsored Interact Club Wiffleball Tournament
- Were the major sponsor for Pop Warner Football & Cheer
- Funded $28,000 in scholarships and awards to graduates of Foran High School & Platt Tech.
- Raised near record lobster bake net profits!
- Updated Milford Rotary signs around town!
- Launched new website!
- Updated club directory in digital & booklet form.
- Sponsored Global & Local Rotary Youth Exchange
- Assisted ADG Trish Pearson with the first of several interclub gatherings to build better relations among area clubs.
- Donated funds to Cure Search in memory of Miranda Boyd who died of rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Paid tribute to Larry Landsberg with a Paul Harris fellowship - Rest in Peace Larry
- Had a fantastic Blues Brews & BBQ!
- Gave to Toys for Tots Holiday Gift
- Set Oyster Fest "Beerless" record for net profit
- Funded Devon Rotary Literacy Center Grant with 1k
- Supported Orange Rotary Operation Warm Coat Fund 1K
- Had Cool Parties-Pavilions, Wine Tastings, Seagar Loft
- Updated accounting procedures and bylaws laws to highest standards.
- Nominated a District Governor candidate(successfully!)
And the list goes on!